Sunday, August 16, 2020

I Cry For America

I cry for my country because…

the America I grew up in is bitter


so many people in America prefer to feel victimized


but those who choose to feel victimized are ok with victimizing others


and those who never victimized are held responsible for those who did


many of those who never victimized, become victimized by their own false guilt


the more they victimize themselves, the greater kinship they feel with those others who they purportedly victimized vicariously in the past


and less connected to their own history


and begin to hate that history and every symbol of the past


and lose their way to the future, which can only be built upon the past


which contained successes that were accompanied by failures


which is the plight of all people in all times


even those who choose to feel victimized


or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment